Tuesday, November 06, 2007

No longer butt, but BOOMBSEY!


This I want to try. If dancing like a crazy person can give me the vitality (+ arms and abs) of Kukuwa Nuamah by the time I'm 49 like her then woohoo, I think I want to shake my boombsey too!
I found a clip on youtube, but unfortunately any group of people doing what looks like 'exercise' (rather than 'dancing') just gives me terrible flashbacks to the 80's, big hair, flourescent lycra and 'jazzercise'. I know, I just need to get over it already because I like the music and the moves. In any case, I have no reason to be so neurotic over group exercise because I take a Salsa class. Here is a video of my class warming up. Maybe it's a clothes thing. If it can be done in some version of street clothes then in my mind it's 'dance'. Having to get changed makes it 'exercise'. I know, I'm complicated and probably just need to go into 80's therapy.
If you want to see some really good Salsa, have a look at this vid of Reuben and Vikki. They took out 2nd place at the NZ Salsa champs a few weeks ago with this very routine. Obviously, I'm awed and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.