Friday, December 14, 2007

The 'Restart'

It's (for the most part) such a nice time of year here at the moment. Apart from this morning that is, which turned up all full of rain and cold. Actually it's quite hard to say anything definite about the weather in NZ, which is famous for being 'four seasons in one day'. This requires frequent fashion adjustments to cope with the 'too hot.... no, too cold' fluctuations. It reminds me a little of walking around London - it's too hot in the tube, too cold out in the wind, but too hot when the buildings block the wind... jacket off, jacket on, jacket off.... so, that's the weather.

**
WOOHOOO.. I won an Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl book in her photographic scavenger hunt competition. I can't really brag too much about my superior finding and photographing skills because poor Dietgirl nearly had a breakdown trying to choose the winners and had to resort to the impartial 'numbers out of a hat' technique. Means to an end, I say. I can't wait to read the book. I'm sure it's genius.

**

Nearly two weeks into my TT Challenge and I discovered that I need to re-do my starting pics, because they must contain the newspaper for purposes of date validation. Fair enough. CB has allowed us all to 'restart'. This is the first 'restart' I've done in about 3 years and I have to admit that it has messed with my equilibrium. I decided to conform to the Julian calendar week by changing my workout week to start on Monday, and since then I've been fighting off the irrational urge to totally stuff my face with the xmas goodies that are everywhere. I had to calm my mania and remind myself that 'we do not DO on and off when it comes to health'. And then I have to ask myself if it's normal to talk to oneself in terms of the plural 'we'. I could just imagine being the laughing stock of the forum if I turn up with a restart photo that is 3kg fatter than my first starting pic. That would be mortifying.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning Shauna's book, and NO.. my cat did not steal ya socks! Wanda died 7 years ago and was my last cat. I hate cats! But I LOVED WANDA.... SHE was a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's still the only theory I have to go on....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.