Thursday, October 16, 2008

Eat Stop Eat

Today is a study and Eat-Stop-Eat day. I've been getting a few emails and comments asking if I'm still Eat-Stop-Eat-ing. Yes, I am, in a sort of random manner, maybe once a week, or once every two weeks depending on how I feel. For me it does work, much as a standard calorie deficit works and usually I'll throw in an ESE day if I've eaten a lot that week. Today I'm fasting until 6pm which won't kill me and also allows me to focus on my studies. I'm writing an assignment on .. er.. it's a bit hard to explain. It's to do with the 'Reification' of health care. Sort of.. how 'health' became a 'thing' or a commodity that is essentially owned by doctors and must be bought with money. It also touches on the attitude of the medical machine towards the 'person' vs. 'a thing with a (possibly interesting) disease'.

For those of you interested in Eat Stop Eat, Mr Brad P has had some TV time. I'm pretty sure this program isn't on any of my Sky channels, but thanks to the internet, we can see him in action anyway. Here.

Of course, the snippet is a little bit 'one sided' given that the contrasting experts study eating, not fasting. It is worth having a look over on Brads blog for a more detailed idea about the level of research that goes into his work. Now there is some light reading, should anyone have a spare moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.