Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Foodcam

At the moment I'm on a vege bender. I just finished a 6 day elimination diet, where I kicked my caffeine and nightly vino consumption habit and I'm all for improving my daily nutrition. It was already pretty good, but I was getting into a bit of a rut - kumara chips and lambchops, grilled fish and veges... you know how it can get.

Lunch. Leftover beef curry from last night. This curry was mostly veges with a little grass-fed beef. Salad with figs, mashed parsnip and kale chips with grated sheepsmilk pecorino cheese.
Kale chips are ridiculously hard to photograph well. These are not fancy schmancy dehydrated, enzymatically whole kale chips. They are simply cut up kale leaves, massaged with olive oil and grated pecorino and baked on racks in the oven for about 10 minutes. They cook really quickly. So crunchy and delicious.
Dinner was a warm winter vege salad. That's the winter vege part on the right. I grilled some 'Freedom Farms' (happy piggy) bacon to add some extra zing to it. The green salad part has a lime and garlic olive oil dressing.Snacks today were a banana and a lara bar (Cherry pie). I'd call that a full o' yumminess and goodness kind of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.