Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mall-ercise

Today I headed off to the mall with The Programmer - he needed work pants and I need to get over my mall fear.  I can't imagine anything worse than being in a crowded mall when a massive aftershock hits. You'd be trampled by bazillions of frappuccino-drinking teenage girls loaded with Supre bags and wearing short-shorts, which are obviously the teenage uniform these days.

I stopped in at Rebel Sport to make a purchase which caused The Programmer to raise an eyebrow and ask if I wouldn't prefer them in pink:

I have a thing for yoga these days and want to try yoga-with-weights. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't do it with 4kg in each hand, which is the smallest size I have in my collection. I also checked the Wii store for Just Dance II but they didn't have it. Has anyone tried it? I'm very over Wii-Fit. The problem is all the bloody fluffing around between exercises and the inability to string exercises together in multiple sets to make a real workout. I can't stand having to press 'A' three or four times between sets, and it really breaks the zen of a yoga workout to be told after every pose that you should do a little bit of yoga every day for best results. There is no way to bypass the between exercise waffling, and it makes me a little crazy. 

After all that Mall-ercise I needed a snack. It was one of those that make people say things like 'you eat some very weird stuff, Sara':

Dried plums, raw cacao beans and my Omega 3 ration. I read yesterday a theory that eating antioxidant rich foods with your Omega 3's is a good idea as they are quite fragile and the polyphenols protect them in your insides. I haven't had a chance to research it fully yet, but I'm willing to give it a try anyway. Why not? If I'm going to be looked at sideways for eating weird food, I'd might as well pull out a scientific theory to back my case. Nobody can argue with something that sounds incomprehensible.




2 comments:

  1. Weird food? What on earth is weird about that? Looks perfectly normal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! Just read your comment and thought I had better check you out.

    I used to live in Christchurch, my husband works there, but we now live out in North Loburn, on SOLID ground. LOL.

    I love that you have gone back to uni, I have wanted to go do Clinical Psych for ages but have this nag in the back of my subconcious mind that makes me want to finish my Naturopathy which I started years ago. I have done a number of nutrition papers and I would love to intergrate the naturopathy and some psychology as I think it's the key to overcoming a lot of health issues....

    Pleasure meeting you...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.