Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Off road driving (?)

Today, after a session of 'detox' yoga - which seems to involve a lot of spinal twisting - I looked at my 'to do' list and decided to tackle the groceries and send the Sana orders first. To be honest, my assignment is not going very well. Due to a last minute chance discovery of a bunch of new, contradictory research, I must do a rewrite. You can tell I'm thrilled about it. On a positive note: I don't need to think too hard about what I'll be doing tomorrow (grins bravely).

I wonder how many people have been pushed into mental disorder by studying mental disorder? I'm sure there's a first time for everything.

Ok.. the shopping.

First, I had to uncover my car. It looked like... an igloo. It was a smooth, white lump in the driveway. Yes, we do have a garage, but it is currently our home gym. Priorities.

Then I had to get my car down the driveway without sliding in to the house on one side, the fence on the other side, or the gutter once I hit the road. Twice I found my wheels were spinning fruitlessly and had to get out the spade and dig out the snow that was piling up under the car. Once on the road, things were a little better, as there had been traffic already. However, when I stopped at the first set of lights there was a 'whump' and the snow that I'd been too lazy to clean off the top of the car slid down over the windscreen. This was incredibly amusing to pedestrians and fellow motorists. I had to get out and clear it off with the sleeve of my jacket. Brrrrr.

Today I was making a haul at the little organic shop and the organic butcher. Shopping there is just so much more relaxing. The thought of heading into the mosh pit of wet, frazzled supermarket shoppers just didn't float my boat at all. While browsing, I spied something that health bloggers everywhere seem to be crazy over, Coconut Water:

In order to be a joiner, I thought I'd give it a go. It does promise to provide 'extreme hydration' and you know I'm into adventure food. 

Verdict: Kind of weird. I do not like the way it smells but it tastes ok, in a bland, slightly sweet way. I thought it would be more coconut-y. I am impressed that it's in a glass bottle though - no hormone disrupting BPA's.

Ok, I'm just going to get a mega curry on the stove and then put my nose back in to that pile of research. Or maybe my essay has just sorted itself out while I've been doing essential stuff like blogging? I need one of those elves that do your work at night time. If I'd seen one in Austria I would have kidnapped it, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.