Thursday, August 09, 2012

Talent, Dinner, Boobies..

Life this week is just breathing and assignments: one on sports nutrition and one on boobies.  The topic is breastfeeding and how to encourage more women to do more of it. I'm looking for a punchy quote to start the essay. 

Aunty K suggested "Everybody Needs a Bosom for a Pillow" - Cornershop. It could work... Any other ideas out there?


I knew this semester was going to be do or die, and I'm already planning a few fun things for the xmas study break. One of those things is salsa. I keep a slightly envious eye on the many interesting activities of my salsa dancing friends through Facebook; it's nice that they remember me, considering it's been - oh- years since I poked my nose into a class or party. 

I've been very interested in what Emily gets up to. We started Salsa at around the same time, but while I went on to take extended injury and study breaks, she has been doing all sorts of cool stuff: performing in national and international competitions, starting her own dance company. I think she gave up sleeping a while back.

Here she is performing a solo routine. I love this. Such talent, yes?



And now, because it seems wrong to segue directly from Emily to dinner, below is a pic of Christchurch which The Programmer took this morning on his way to work. Building, constructing, destructing, it's all going on.

Dinner. 

Sorry, vegan readers. I'm about to gross you out.

Nut and parmesan encrusted pork fillet. Before the berry and balsamic sauce... and....


.. after



Did you know? .. In comparison to other meats, and most other foods, pork is very high in Thiamine (B1), a vitamin which has a key role in the energy cycle and in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters acetylcholine and GABA. 100g of lean pork provides about 60% of your Thiamine needs for the day.

The Iceberg lettuce is from our covered gardens. When I picked it, there was a mouse hiding under there (and now Kek (mouse phobic) is on her kitchen bench screaming, sorry hun).

Lastly, just in case you missed it: Zuzana's back. :D No excuses whatsoever to skip a workout now.

I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of questions for you and a request for volunteers (it will be fun, I promise).

7 comments:

  1. Your friend is talented. I tried salsa but failed it, no natural moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen at classes, 'natural moves' are one of those 'good but not necessary' things. Maybe try tango, that is way more forgiving with timing.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. I actually cringed and made a little "eek" noise when you said the "M" word...

    Recipe for the pork? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make it again next week and see if I can make it betterer. The coating was not quite as crunchy as I want it to be, but I think if I use roasted nuts, instead of raw, that might do the trick.
      Whenever I mention mice, I always get a picture of you squealing in my head. You would not love to be here at the moment. Miranda is a mousing machine. At least one a day, and sometimes, up to four. It's slowing down though, I think she is accomplishing her mission to de-mouse the entire world.

      Delete
  3. roslyn4:11 pm

    Don't worry, I'm not grossed (and I am one of your vegan peeps). I know you are a 'cheatin' vegan' (loved that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definintely more 'cheatin' than vegan, but I try. ;D

      Delete
    2. Haha, I have peeps? Wow.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.