Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Festive Fitness Focus




Well, you all know what I've been up to!


It's not just what the thumbnail pic  might suggest...









SNUT = Sports Nutrition.

I took that pic two days ago, which means that yesterday I sat my first exam of the semester: three exhausting hours of micronutrient nutrition.

Go on, ask me anything about selenium, iron, zinc, iodine, or vitamins K, C, E or A.  :-/ Actually, don't. I think everything fell out my ear half way through the exam. Maybe even my whole brain evacuated the premises...

Of course, there has been munching, mostly of the at-desk kind. This included a particularly gnarly version of the avocado ganache cake. I changed my brand of coconut oil, and this made the whole thing a lot more firm.

Or perhaps I just used more of it.  I don't often stick to a recipe or weigh ingredients. Especially when rushing about like a crazy person.

Dinners have been trending toward 'grab stuff from the fridge, blend it and make patties':
Kumara, chicken and spinach patties on portobella 'shrooms
Leftovers from the freezer have also made an appearance. Eeek. Daylight savings has messed with my white balance.

Anyways. I have an idea.  It's just over 7 weeks until christmas and all this butt sitting is not doing my fitness any good at all. I need to revise my lazy, chocolate munching ways if I want to look great over summer.

Who is up for a 7 week food and fitness focus? I thought this could start Sunday, which will take us through until the 23rd of December.

More deets tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Count me in and kick my butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. I'll just add it to all my other ridiculous challenges that I'm doing concurrently. I haven't had to check myself into the nearest psychiatric hospital yet, so let's assume that means I'm not overdoing it. Yet.

    Besides, I just got my latest cholesterol test result and it is not exactly good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, I'd be interested to hear more about it. Cheers, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.