Sunday, September 02, 2007

OH, the hypocrisy...

You may recall this righteous post , written in the days when I was probably a better person. Well, the descent started with a long black a few times a week and then once a day and then I went to Europe where the whole population runs on espresso and it was all over. While in Liechtenstein I formed an unhealthy psychological bond with a beautiful Saeco Incanto coffee machine and now I've fallen as low as one can go.

Mine.....


I was toying with the idea of photoshopping little hearts all over the picture, but sometimes it's just better to hang onto that last, fragile thread of dignity.


Hey, I needed something besides the Kryptonite to get me through the first week of training!


I've had a few emails about my training. I'm not being deliberately elusive, it's just a bit hard to define because I design my program on the day based around what I feel I need to concentrate on and how my back is behaving. Remember my spiky butt ball?


Well, Spiky now lives in Pisa. I took my Spiky and my resistance band to Europe with me because sitting for long periods (planes, cars) is hell on my back and I stiffen up and need serious de-kinking. After I use my Spiky I have to give it to my niece so that she can do her version of my rehab exercises. I think she must have rolled it under the bed or something and it was no longer with me when I got to Rome. I wonder what the cleaning lady made of that little souvenir from the weirdo kiwi tourists?


My current training 'split' is:


Tuesday: FBW (Full Body Workout) with an Upper Body focus and 15 mins HIIT cardio


Thursday: FBW with a Lower Body focus and 15 mins HIIT


Saturday: 20-30 mins cardio


Sunday: FBW no additional cardio


Monday nights and some Friday nights I have Salsa.


I will go into some more detail about my training in the next few weeks. This last week has pretty much been working whatever isn't already sore!


***


I am now working on the last assignment of my nutrition paper. This final assignment involved designing a fatloss program for a hypothetical average kiwi mum that wants to lose 5kg and whom is prone to fad diets and the yo-yo effect of weightloss/regain/loss/regain. I'm actually having some conflict between the program that I think would work and the recommendations that would get me an 'A' on this paper. In reading the notes I can see what I am 'expected' to say, the 'right' recommendation - 30 mins brisk walking a few times a week, lowfat, high fibre, get enough iron and folate, stop eating the kids leftovers, yes, yes.... (yawn).... I'll let you know how it goes and I must check the due date for this assignment. I think it's the 18th.. or the 8th.. who can say for sure?

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, Sara. I am playing with Precision Nutrition as well. We will have to compare notes :)

    Hugs
    Liz N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, don't you just hate it when you have to play the game to get the grades, even if it's not what you want to write? I have done that a few times too.... "political" correctness is all bullshit. Shame you lost spikey.. go get another one! Pink would be cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I had to do the same thing with my theory assignments for my PT course when having to design programs for people - I had to go by their suggestion of the old *yawn* 3x15-20 for toning...grrrr.
    just do what you have to do to get your good marks. You can change the world later!
    Good to see you back
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pfft, with the paper - just lie through your teeth! It's what we all do with nutrition stuff, even though we knows better, we does....

    Mr Saeco does make lovely things! What time is it? I must need another cup by now, surely?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.