Monday, August 15, 2016

Berry Whip Chia Puddings

Hello Readers! How are things? All good around here, my research is underway, work is keeping me on my toes and sometimes, don't you just need something yummy to look forward to after dinner?

Also good as a snack.. or for breakfast.. do it your way.

Photogeek details: taken in complete darkness with one constant side light (handheld)

Berry Whip Chia Puddings
Makes 3

  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Cup of berries (fresh or thawed frozen)
  • 1 Can of coconut milk (I used Ayam 270ml. IMO this is the very best, just the right consistency)
  • 1 Cup of chia seeds (like these awesome ones)
  • 2 Tbsp liquid sweetener. I used rice malt syrup, as it is not toooo sweet
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom
  • Pinch of salt

Instructions

Whip the banana and berries in the Food Processor, until smooth.

Add the coconut cream, sweetener, spice and salt, and combine it all. The cardamom gives it that 'something extra/unusual' that makes a dessert ultra special.

Add the chia seeds and stir them through. You can use the processor but I prefer my chia seeds mostly intact and my processor is a seed munching beast.

Divide into three jars, and put them in the fridge to set. This takes about an hour.

These will last a few days in the fridge and get firmer with time.

I've also got a really nice banana/vanilla version that I'll blog for you next time I make it.  Do you have any good combo's of your own?  Let me know.

:)
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Great photo and recipe. Wellness Mama did something similar recently and the readers had plenty of ideas. I do it with kefir and coconut yogurt.

    http://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just whipped up some and it's in the fridge. Mines a little adapted different fruit no cardamon so added vanilla. Wahoo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.